Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Walkinshaw naked?

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
hey guys

i've heard a rumor that the last of the VL Walky's were sold without the bodykit. word has it they couldn't sell them so the kit was removed and sold with the standard body, still HSV build number twin throttle body etc. just no kit

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
first ive ever heard of it, would be pointless, the whole reason i would want one is for the outrageous body kit, it makes the walky what it is!

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
hey guys

i've heard a rumor that the last of the VL Walky's were sold without the bodykit. word has it they couldn't sell them so the kit was removed and sold with the standard body, still HSV build number twin throttle body etc. just no kit

Thats not the first time I have heard that story.

Dazz

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
there were a few walkys sold with the calais front from dealers and i believe a few late one were sold with out the spoiler

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
there were a few walkys sold with the calais front from dealers and i believe a few late one were sold with out the spoiler

thanks man

yea back in 1988/89 the 500 walky's in the showroom. could not be sold no one wanted them AT THE TIME because of the outragous body kit

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It was never officially a Walky anyway, it was a VL SS Group A SV but that's irrelevent. There were 500 originally made, these sold out so they decided to make another 250, but with the imminent release of the VN, sales dropped off because people were waiting to see what the VN was like. If you stripped the body kit off a Walky, then it isn't really a Walky anymore is it?

I'd be interested to know more about this as well.

Are you not getting it confused with the Calais SV88?

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
It was never officially a Walky anyway, it was a VL SS Group A SV but that's irrelevent. There were 500 originally made, these sold out so they decided to make another 250, but with the imminent release of the VN, sales dropped off because people were waiting to see what the VN was like. If you stripped the body kit off a Walky, then it isn't really a Walky anymore is it?

I'd be interested to know more about this as well.

Are you not getting it confused with the Calais SV88?

Nope not thinking of the SV88 (weren't they dark blue or somthing)
My local wreacker claims about 3 months ago he saw one at an auction but never bidded or knew how much it went for.

Hopfully this theard will get the right information