Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl walkinshaw replica project

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
I havent looked at mine but loojs the same.....

I payed $40 for my cable genuine holden to
i was just reading the list you sent me and there is a vl group/a cable on there, that may fit walkys came with t5's and basically vn engines

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
Today's up date all good news :)

Hey guys and girls the car is now derivable our clutch issues have been fixed,
we used 3 large washers to space the clutch cable out at the bush end,and also stuffed around with the pivot ball(way off the recommended adjustment setting though) and the new clutch is in with no issues and no crunches!!!

Also that vr-vs accelerator cable done the job nicely just had to drill the hole a tad bigger in the pedal.

Next to do:put the dash, console and some trim parts back together,get the speed'o,rev,and taco gauges going,put the bonnet on,get a new cat back exhaust system,pick my walky wheels up from the painter,get a blue slip then rego and this car is finally complete.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
yea i did the same thing on the bearbox end of cable with big nuts

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah happy shes all good now,
dellow where a complete stuff around wanted measurements of 4 different things and sh*t,complete rubbish and over priced!
whens the ls1 going in your vl bro you can give me some tips lol
yea i did the same thing on the bearbox end of cable with big nuts

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
haha i got an ls1 in my vy thats enough...........

time to stop messing with vl's one day and move on to a lx hatch.wouldnt mind putting my rb30 in a torrie

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah true lol,
once i finish this i'm going to finish the datsun 1200 ute i brought 7years ago haha.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
yeah ive got a list as long as my arm of things i want to do but times flying by these days.
going to rego my clubby over xmas and mite sand back my vl aswell.chucked it on ebay for shits and giggles lol.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
new goodies!!

ford au twin thermos now fitted!! wow they really are good you would never need the second one going,
also brought a Davies Craig therm'o temp cap mainly for the looks haven't seen them around as yet,
some heat shield stuff to go around my brake lines looks ok wasn't cheap?
and also heat shield matting for some of the engine bay/wiring and under the floor pan.

will add some pictures soon

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
sounds good man... much modding with the thermo fans? i heard u gotta cut the thermo shroud quite a bit to fit,, but it may be porkies too..

i still gotta do my thermo fan, controlled with a davies craig thermo unit as well. too bloody hot outside to do it.. i will hook it up and run a lead in to the couch for it to cool me and my stubbie :p

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
sounds good man... much modding with the thermo fans? i heard u gotta cut the thermo shroud quite a bit to fit,, but it may be porkies too..

i still gotta do my thermo fan, controlled with a davies craig thermo unit as well. too bloody hot outside to do it.. i will hook it up and run a lead in to the couch for it to cool me and my stubbie :p
run 2 it would blow you off the couch ha ha,and yeah i ran a Davies Craig therm'o kit too.
i'm running the aluminum radiator as you know stuff all cutting really just the inlet and out let, and the poo ford mounts and also around the auto trans lines (it would be harder in an auto though)
took no more than 2hours i will get you some pictures asap