Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL wont start, have spark, have fuel, not cas

vlchic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Hey guys so no-one wants to take me serious because im a female so im having trouble getting through to mechanics.

My Vl just died while driving. Didnt stall it was like it ran out of petrol but it didnt. Towed it home to find it has spark, it has fuel pressure, fuel pumps are priming. Had a mechanic come out to say it was dizzy. Replaced the dizzy twice, still nothing. Couple of people said its the cas but the cas is inside the dizzy so if it is we have 3 dud cas here. All relays are fine. Tried a second computer and still the same thing. Computer is giving error code 11 cas but like I said we have tried 3 now.

Only thing we can find is that it has no injector pulse. It tries to start and sounds normal it just wont fire. It will just sit there and wind until the battery dies.

I am absolutely stumped. Any suggestions? I sware we have tried everything.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
i noticed you said you tryd 3 cas's. did you change cas or whole dizzy?if whole dizzy maybe timings out

vlchic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Changed whole dizzy but timing is right. Well should be.

Would timing stop injector pulse?

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
No timing will not worry injector pulse...

How about the Cas Plug on top,, i have had this b4 and many have experienced this as well have a good look at the plug and pull back the rubber boot and inspect the wires.. where they r crimped to the spade connectors.

I found one of my problems was corroded out and a wire was broken.

Give it a good spray with wd40 or INOX
Goodluck,

vlchic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Ok we have now tried a whole new wiring harness and still have the same problem...

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
im thinking timing still.

try all the electrical plugs etc forinjectors

htmonaro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra, HT Monaro GTS
Check the airflow sensor

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8
How much fuel is in it? My mates vl died one night, turned out it wasn't enough fuel in the tank. Put fuel in and started straight away...

Mmm Injector pulse, The ecu that you tried, was that from a running car? Might be caused by the timing as the cas tells the computer when to squirt fuel in and when to spark etc.

How have you gone with it? Updates on your progress?

Cheers Nackerz

70smetal

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have exact same prob with VL non turbo RB30. Timing good injectors new ,new plugs , new MAF & cas Sensors, dist cap and rotor , leads, new fuel filter. 39psi rail pressure. It was running hairy before and diagnosed # 1 injector fail and maf sensor . After install it started and ran like the leads were wrong and now nothing . It has to be something stupid small electrical any ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk