Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vlct or vq statesman?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
heeno said:
are you talking about a normal vl or the vlt? if it's a vlt your refering to then i'd say your pulling sh!t outta your ass, come to think of it im yet to see any FI car that has got past 300K??

then you don't get out enough.

white vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
nah wanna only spend up to about 6 to 7. thats y i will be buying either a vq statesman or early model ss say vn or vp. looked at a vn ss today. very nice. is there anything thats a let down about vp and vn ss's while we are at it?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Just make sure they are a dark colour and have no rust around the windows or in the boot and it's all good

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
vh sl/x said:
nah wanna only spend up to about 6 to 7. thats y i will be buying either a vq statesman or early model ss say vn or vp. looked at a vn ss today. very nice. is there anything thats a let down about vp and vn ss's while we are at it?

Go a VR if you can get one... I've seen VR 5 L Calais's go for 7-8 G... there was a heap of improvement on that model compared to the VN-P especially with the suspension and steering geometry....You might even be lucky to snag a VS L67 Calais for around 8G... then you'll be walking stock 5 L commodores all the time.

white vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
the l67 is code for super 6 yea

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
vh sl/x said:

Compared to a VR - VS they handle woeful :w00t: !!!

This the jist of what Kevin Barlet said in wheels magazine when comparing a VR IRS v6 against a VP 5 link rear v6

Stock standard VN - VP front ends understeer to infinity and trip over themselves until they bite and then bam they're suddenly oversteering.

VR's on the other hand steer into corners precisely with infinately better lead in.

Both the VR and VP have exit corner oversteer but the change is nowhere near as drastic in the VR as in the VP.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
sixshooter said:
Compared to a VR - VS they handle woeful :w00t: !!!

This the jist of what Kevin Barlet said in wheels magazine when comparing a VR IRS v6 against a VP 5 link rear v6

Stock standard VN - VP front ends understeer to infinity and trip over themselves until they bite and then bam they're suddenly oversteering.

VR's on the other hand steer into corners precisely with infinately better lead in.

Both the VR and VP have exit corner oversteer but the change is nowhere near as drastic in the VR as in the VP.

I would agree with that, the VR/VS models handle so much better than VN/VP with the solid rear axle, after driving my car hard, and then taking a VS for a spin, if i was gunna go hard all the time, id be looking for an IRS model, but damn are the VNs a hadful in the wet, if your not paying attention they will swap ends on you in a second, without LSD, with LSD they are a handful. And yes, they do understeer terribly sometimes