Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VLV6T5TT Wahooogon

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V6 Turbo'd Sedan, Turbo'd V6 Altered
What all the B.S. in the title means, is I own a VL wagon with 3.8 V6 twin turbo and T5 5 speed. It is a work in progress, low budget deal, with a bit of a difference. I love the VL shape, but prefer the low down torque of the V6 to the high revving, JAPANESE RB engines (controversial opinion eh?) I will get lots of hate mail no doubt, but a JAP engine does NOT belong in an Aussie Icon.

Okay, now I have made some enemies, here are a couple of pics to get the thread started. I have done very little on the pretty side of things, I prefer to make my car fast first, then spend what I have left on pretty stuff.

The start of it all, stripping the VR and prepping the VL

Putting an American engine where a Jappa used to be

Prepping the hole, battery is going in the spare wheel well soon

Shortblock going back together

Bit of port work to help things along

Turbo plumbing ready to go back on

My favoutite mags, good old ROH ZS's

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
looks like a nice little project!
how much did the engine pull out with the twin turbo's? are u building this thing for burnouts, drags, cruising?

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
I dunno how much power it was making, but it was enough to kill my standard clutch in 3rd 4th and 5th, and that was with smaller turbo's than I have now!. I did a 14.1 1/4 mile with a slippy clutch. Hopefully my new Exedy clutch holds up. It is mainly my daily driver, but I like to go have a play at the drags too. If I fry the clutch again, I will put a tough old powerglide in it, I have alsmost finished making an adapter for one.

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
I haven't updated this in a while, but I am still soldiering away on it. The engine and powerglide are now permanently mounted, driveshaft has beeen modified and refitted.

The battery tray is gone, so I can have my pod filter under this section of guard, with a 90 deg rubber elbow coming out the top for the turbo intakes. The pod will get nothing but good, cold air down there, I just need to fab a shield to stop the tyre flicking crap at it.

I also made up the bracket for the remote oil filter, and my oil cooler is having some brackets welded on, so that can go in as soon as I get it back.

I am running out of excuses for not having the thing running before xmas, but i'm sure i'll find some if I try hard enough haha

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers! I hope it goes nuts, I have invested a lot of time in it now, so it would be neat to get some payback.

VL'NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 Holden Vl Commy
F*ck that is cool. U goin take it done the strip again?

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah mate, I have found a mint VL sedan, so I am stripping the wagon and putting it all in the car, then I am getting one of Delcowizzids tune up's, and it will be off to the April drags, where I hope to run a mid to high 13. Can't wait !!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
hehe ill be there trying to beat you hope we dont end up lined up against each other early on that would suck