Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN – VP – VR - VS Performance Modifications: Economy and or Just Pure Speed …

vp2013

Reaction score
Members Ride
V P Commodore Executive Series II
Hi Everyone, I have recently bought a VP Executive Series II. I am Totally new to Holden Commodore ownership. I am also new to the current technology available to Improve economy, performance, and speed, of my VP Executive Series II.
I have been reading many great articles and write–ups from justcommodores for about a month now, and I have learnt so much on CAI, Cat back exhaust systems, Extractors, 70 mm Throttle bodies, Pod Vs. K&N high flow filters, Memcal performance chips, tyres and wheel fittings for standard Commodores, checking your Commodore computer for Faults, and many more very interesting subjects. I have learnt a little, but I want to Learn so much more. All Your Comments, Ideas and Constructive Critisms are Welcome. My VP has 198 500 Kms on the Clock. Is Fairly straight, and Appears stock standard, though it has a Slight nice rumble, or Note to the Engine. I purchased the VP at the end of January 2013, for $ 800.00. Blue, Auto, and Tidy … Cheers

vp2013

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Series II. photos ...

Just thought I had better post some photos.
Cheers ...

Attachments

• DSC00450.jpg
    DSC00450.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 432
  • DSC00451.jpg
    DSC00451.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 629
  • DSC00452.jpg
    DSC00452.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 494
  • DSC00453.jpg
    DSC00453.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 1,365
  • DSC00554.jpg
    DSC00554.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 1,131
  • DSC00555.jpg
    DSC00555.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC00556.jpg
    DSC00556.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 554
  • DSC00557.jpg
    DSC00557.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 485
  • DSC00558.jpg
    DSC00558.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 1,519
D

devilly

looks nice,only thing i don't like on these cars is the hose clamps check out the brake vacuum booster to engine, and all the coolant ones through the firewall.i just buy a few boxes and use the ring clamps with the tighten with a spanner. and buying by the box keeps it easy as they are all the same size spanner. my rule of thumb is i like all my hose clamps the same as the radiator ones. and i would loose the grill on the back window it damages the rubber seals on the rear window. also would hate to see it land onto a bmw that's sitting behind you when and if it comes off.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Nice looking VP for $800.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
and i would loose the grill on the back window it damages the rubber seals on the rear window. also would hate to see it land onto a bmw that's sitting behind you when and if it comes off.

I've had a louvre on the back of my VP since 95 and it has never come off or damaged the rubber seals.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Economy: leave it stock and service it, new sensors (cts, mat, o2), new filters all round, fuel, air, etc etc and maybe a new memcal tune based on a VR manual tune.

Pure Speed: Before you touch the driveline at all..... Work on suspension and tires, regardless of how many km's it's done... It's over 20 years old, the springs will be soft, shocks most likely stuffed, all the bushes front and back have probably never been replaced, probably needs the steering components looked at aswell.
Once you have sorted the handling and stopping (these things are pitiful with stock brakes) then think about making it go fast.... maybe a GenIII? Stroker 355?

vp2013

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks ...

Devilly ... as Pauline Hanson would SAY ... " Please Explain " Sorry Man ... I am a Total GREEN ... A Full on, Newby ...
I Know that Dude ... You Know ... Your Stuff ... If by Purely Experience ... ALONE ...
I Truly Want Your VISION, for my VP Series II ...
Though ... I am in Kindergarden, and By Your Keen Eye ... I Can Appreciate that, and WELL ...
Your Experience is WELL RE-cieved ... Thank You, So Much for Your Advice ... I Owe You ... CHEERS ... DEVILLY ...

vp2013

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks ... MATE ...

VR38 ...
Thanks ... Someone is Looking after my Future, Especially my ... Speed Aspirations ... Yeah ... This Guy Wanted $ 1000
for his Good Runner ... As is, and Where is ... Sale ... The VP Commodore Exectutive. Series II is Unfortunately Unlicenced, at this Time ... But ... A Few Pre-Mixed Cans,
and a Few Favorite Vegetables Later ... $ 800 Walk Away ...
CHEERS ...

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
You wont get any real performance out of the v6 mate after all your CAI's extractors cat back exhaust throttle body memcal etc etc its honestly just a waste of money.. For a decent camshaft (not including to get the thing installed and what else you need to upgrade when doing it ie valve springs) thats easily $650.... nearly the purchase price of your car.