Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn 304 rebuild

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You 'could' drive it there. But probably over fuelling and not breaking in rings correctly. And keeps stalling on you. I would hate to go too far.

Realistically trailer it! And then get dropped back later to drive it home. You would be silly to do otherwise.

This 100% and if the tuner is worth his salt he will do the break in for you.
High Performance Academy has a whole free video on engine break in on the dyno.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Yeah but there normal guy, his voice is just so hard to listen to for any length of time.

Andre? He started it I've been watching him since it was just him.

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
How does she run now....
I finally decided that I will have it rebuilt to a 355 stroker. A business in Penrith will do the job for around $11k. Happy with the price. Now have to pull the engine out and take it there. Hoping to do that by the weekend so I can drop it off Monday.

Once she comes back, Will then have to get her tuned. Anyone know if you can drive it as is to get it tuned or is it beat to take it there by trailer.
iam happy with the rebuild......its burning real nice at the exhaust pipe ive done about 1000kms since the rebuild......i thought it wise to have them take the donk out so they can A: check the engine mounts and B: i didnt want the hassle as its hard to do at my house, plus they replaced the radiator and installed electric fans...as well i had them do the twin pot front brake upgrade plus brake cylinder

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
iam happy with the rebuild......its burning real nice at the exhaust pipe ive done about 1000kms since the rebuild......i thought it wise to have them take the donk out so they can A: check the engine mounts and B: i didnt want the hassle as its hard to do at my house, plus they replaced the radiator and installed electric fans...as well i had them do the twin pot front brake upgrade plus brake cylinder
A lot of things are so much easier in a workshop with a hoist, even simple things like changing the transmission fluid and filter.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think if you're chucking a heap of money at an engine it's sometimes worth the extra $700 or so to have it fitted. I don't have time myself to spend two days fitting an engine. Plus at least if something goes wrong they can't blame you for incorrectly fitting it.

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
A lot of things are so much easier in a workshop with a hoist, even simple things like changing the transmission fluid and filter.
Hell yeah... iam a bike guy and have a hydraulic hoist just the thing for low to the ground hogs and old dudes with suspect backs 37278919_10216605195699507_7807352779999019008_n.jpg

Richo0902

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V8
Hey guys, engine will be coming in the next 2 weeks. Just been advised by the tuner that I should look at changing the bananas to either a dual plane or a dual hi rise with a 4 barrel throttle body. Any ideas on how much that would cost and recommendations as to what to get. Also was advised to look for Bosch 968 injectors. Pretty sure their not cheap...

Richo0902

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V8
Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted an update. I'm expecting my engine back in the next week or so. Have upgraded the manifold to an edelbrock as well as the fuel rails. The question I have is, how do I fit the original fuel regulator to the fuel rail. It won't fit the same way as the factory fuel rail. Does anyone know of a connector/s that would allow me to fit the factory fuel regulator. Thanks all.