Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn 5 speed into vr s2

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
Hey, What do i need to fit (electronic wise) to fit the VN 5 Speed into my VR. And will it bolt straight up, ie flywheel, x-member and tailshaft? Any help needed asap please.

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
bump..........

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
Any help please... Im looking at the gearbox 2moro so I need to know if its going to fit. I need to know about the computer and the loom mostly and also the flywheel n clutch. Can you use the auto flywheel and starter motor for the manual?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the VR is the buick motor, but if it's a s2 then it would be fitted with the electronic auto box(4l60e instead of the TH700) which would cause afew headaches when fitting a manual box. would be much better to find a ECU and wiring loom from a manual car. also you would need the correct flywheel etc ( not the flexplate as used on autos) it would probably be wise to get the complete setup from the same vehicle as where you gotthe T5 box from as you could then use everything from the driveshaft to the flywheel/clutch etc. you would need the pedal box as well