Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn 5L engine mounts question

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Do you have the alloy bracket?

Single peger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbocharged vg ute, sbc r31 skyline wagon, multip
Do you have the alloy bracket?
Unfortunately not thats what had me confused when i first went to throw the engine in, ive asked around for the alloy bracket but no luck so far

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've never seen one in person, only see one advertised once on ebay and they wanted the moon for it and they were been dodgy about the transaction so I passed it up. I am after one though as I'd like to ditch the horrible steel one most cars come standard with.

Single peger

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've never seen one in person, only see one advertised once on ebay and they wanted the moon for it and they were been dodgy about the transaction so I passed it up. I am after one though as I'd like to ditch the horrible steel one most cars come standard with.
Yeah its abit annoying really it use to be so easy to get parts but now you’ve really got to go searching to find anything commodore related

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Very true, VN/VP/VG/VQ vehicle specific parts are getting really hard to find, even at the wreckers. 20 years ago I never though it would happen.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
This is what the drivers side mount looks like with the standard steel AC pump bracket. It's not a great pic as there isn't much room to get a camera down there...

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-01 at 4.49.23 PM.jpeg

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Those are the late mounts too^

The early ones had no bracing at all, and used to break at the weld. I’ve come across plenty of broken ones.

Single peger

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is what the drivers side mount looks like with the standard steel AC pump bracket. It's not a great pic as there isn't much room to get a camera down there...
Cheers for that picture yeah see thats confused me even more, it looks like yours lines up perfectly were as in my picture the engine mount on the block is closer to the front of the car.

Hopefully the weather holds up this weekend as ive managed to track down a bracket ive just got to remove it, its the cast alloy one though so well see how i get on with that hopefully it works out

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Those are the late mounts too^

The early ones had no bracing at all, and used to break at the weld. I’ve come across plenty of broken ones.

I know about those. I had one that was severely bent. when I undid the trans mount the trans moved sideways a bloody mile.

That pic is from my VS Senator.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you check out this pic (borrowed from another thread on this forum) You can see the 3 cast bosses above and below the front welsh plug, it's the only place the mount can go.
71-jpg.224999

What K frame do you have?