Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN 5L no spark, or injector pulse... Need help...

1QIK VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1
I am the owner of a VN BT1 and have been doin it up for quite some time and spent a considerable amount of time and money on it. Recently I started the engine up and had it idling, all good, then it just shut down all of a sudden. I tried to start it again and it just winds over but won't fire at all... A mate gave me a brand new ignition module as he said that it sounds like the problem as it's an old car so fitted that but still won't fire, another mate gave me a new hall effect module so I fitted that and still won't fire. I bought a no if light kit, no injector pulse, and definately no spark to the plugs, I put a multimeter on the coil and the voltage reads exactly 10% of the voltage what the battery voltage is when i tested that (battery at 12.60v and coil shows 1.26v)... I have never really played wif efi engines before and dont understand why I'm havin this problem or how to fix it...

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Do you have a wiring diagram?
Sounds like something isn't switching power to the coil. And also no batch fire signal.
This could both stem from a distributor issue or dissy plug issue.
P.s is your profile picture the engine in the VN?

1QIK VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1
FB_IMG_1513393336262.jpg
Yeah mate that's the engine in my VN. And no I dont have a wiring diagram, electrical really isnt my forte... I'm all good with the mechanical stuff but my knowledge of electrics is severely lacking... I've spent a lot of money on this car and 10 years of throwing cash at it and in that time its spent less than 6months on the road...View attachment 203856

Last edited: