Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN 6 1/2" speakers

T

Tunes

I bought 6 1/2 inch speakers way back, along with my headunit and they've been sittin in the back fine, but i want to move them into the front because the original dash ones are starting to give me the shits. I've just bought a pair of 6x9's and im gonna put them in the back, so thats all fun and games. Will the 61/2 inch speakers fit into the dash spots or am i going to have to put them into the doors? and if i do have to put them into the doors, how do i do that?!?! am i just better off going to a car place n gettin them to install em??

stereo_god

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
your best bet is for a car place to do them if you are not sure on how to do it. an interesting side note that in some street commodores magazines i have seen vn/vp's having the vr/vs door pods to house the 6 inch splits.

sorry cant be any more help

V

vnick

if i was you, i'd get a pro to do it.. the speakers in the dash should be 4"... i bought 6" speakers for the doors of my vn, an i tried to install them with 2 mates... bottom line, we ****ed the job and i ended up getn a pro to do it neways, so my advice, if you dont kno wat ur doin, get a pro... cheers
Nick