Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN 91 Commodore LE

IB226

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore LE 3.8
Greetings. I am a newby to the site. The reason for my joining is because I have recently inherited my father in law's VN 91 Commodore LE which he had owned basically from new. I will be keeping the vehicle in the family and don't intend selling it. I have posted a number of photos FYI as I believe the vehicle is quite rare as well as being in mint pristine condition. My F.I.L was fanatical about it and the car has never had a hose on it and he cleaned the outside, inside & motor weekly with the same bucket of water (then tipped it on the garden). If I told you on occasion he polished the car with Mr Sheen I wouldn't be lying. He bought the car from his lifelong friend (& mechanic) in 1992 and they have both maintained the car until he died 3 weeks ago.
I believe the reason for it rarity is because it was a factory LE model (as designated by the compliance plate A8J) but it was then fitted up at the dealership before delivery with all of the Calais & Caprice body options. This car is stock original & mint and I want to honor him by keeping it that way until I pass it onto my son when I die (in at least 20 years I hope).
To cut a long story short the only thing that is currently missing from the car are the genuine "Holden" headlight covers which he broke a few months ago when he was removing them for cleaning. He had asked me to source him another genuine set before he died but alas I failed in time. Is their anyone on the site that knows where I can buy a set?
Thanks for your time and I look forward to any feedback.

Attachments

• VN 1.jpg
    VN 1.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 339
  • VN 2.jpg
    VN 2.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 276
  • VN 3.jpg
    VN 3.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 298
  • VN 4.jpg
    VN 4.jpg