Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN A/C Low side pressure

hemi01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 V6 Berlina
Hi,
Not sure if anyone looks at this section anymore but maybe someone can help.

My VN S2 V6 had a severe vibration from the drivetrain after the air was regassed. Came and went as the comp cycled. definately tied to the comp. The belt and pulley bearing are fine.

I looked around and came to the conclusion that the system was overgassed. I checked the low side and tested the pressure at abour 45psi. This was dropped to about 25psi and the vibration has almost disappeared.

The air is still cold.

Anyone know the correct low pressure spec?

Thanks, Mick

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
low press is governed by the tx valve it is either that or yor filter drier is blocked. without putting gauges on it ishard to determin. if it is affecting engine rpm that much there is too much pressure in the system

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
if the pressure was too high it wouldnt operate..

normal operating press on low side is between 1200 an 1500kpa

hemi01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 V6 Berlina
Fellas,

Thanks for the replies.

I got the readings using a guage. Unfortunately the high side guage fitting was differrent to the 1 on the car and I was unable to measure high side pressure.

I did a google Kpa to PSI conversion and found 1200Kpa to equal 174psi and 1500Kpa to equal 217psi. This sounds high for the low pressure side. Should it be between 120Kpa and 150Kpa? That would be btw 17.4psi and 21.7psi.

Thanks
Mick

ben1011

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L 2003 holden statesman caprice
Did you get the correct ideal low side pressure. I have a new compressor on my 2003 which is not blowing sufficiently cold air. Suspecting the pressure the ac shop charged.

hemi01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 V6 Berlina
Ben1011,

No mate. No one replied and I've not followed it up at a shop. Let me know if you find anything your fault.

Cheers, Mick