Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN and VP Commodore Bumper repair

DerekL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V S1
Hi - I want to repaint my VP Calais bumper - there are a few scratches in them that will need to be filled and sanded - what are people using to do this repair? Does anyone know what material the bumpers are made of?

Thanks,

Derek

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Plastic. You really need to remove all the paint and start from a bare bumper cover. If you don't the paint can lift, as it loses its adhesion once it starts to come off.

H

harrop.senator

Remove it all the way down to bare plastic then use a 2 part sandable glue like panel bond or one of the sika brands.

They may have plastic fillers now but I always glassed big repairs or glued and sanded.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Hi - I want to repaint my VP Calais bumper - there are a few scratches in them that will need to be filled and sanded - what are people using to do this repair? Does anyone know what material the bumpers are made of?

Thanks,

Derek
Repairs depends what paint you have on your bumper, VP came out with factory acrylic, some late VPs with VR model had start of 2pac paintjobs.

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
the repop ones getting around are a pretty good product