Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Back Speakers

M

MTDOS

I recently baught a VN and put a new head unit it in it. I connected the back speaker wires to the corresponding ones from the old head unit but have no idea where they go to, since there is no back speakers in the car at the moment.

I am going to purchase a pair of back speakers and would like to know where the connections end as i couldnt find them with a search around the boot, unless they are hidden somewhere around (or behind) the LPG tank.

Thanks to anyone who answers or can help!

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
i have a vp with no rear speakers yet but in the boot under the parcel shelf i found 2 white plastic plugs one on the left 1 on the right ,they are up inside a pressed out metal clip ,they would be above your gas tank, when you find them i would check them with a volt meter first ,probably milli volts or hook up an old speaker that you dont mind blowing just in case you have a 12 volt connection,also if you have a workshop manual there is a wiring diagram in that for the rear speaker wires,if you cant find it i can look it up and let you know what the colors of the speaker wires L..R are
cheers fergi

M

MTDOS

I tried to find them again but couldnt find any plugs, thanks for your help anyway, i will try to trace the wires back, otherwise i will just run some new ones

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
i would think that they would be in there somwhere,ive only got an executive and it ha s the two plastic connecters,from memory i am sure they are in the standard wiring loom
cheers fergi
ps... if you cant find them let me know and i will take some photos with my digi camera and post them for you .you will get an exact idea as to where they are

M

MTDOS

taking some pictures would be awesome, i looked in the boot as will as from the back seet with the middle seat thing down but the tank is taking up so much room that they could be hidden in there anywhere.

Thanks heaps mate!

hellbound

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn Executive
hey yeah i cant find them eather i need some help are they in the shelf???

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
they will be in or on the shelf. more than likely between the metal part of the shelf and the cardboard carpet crap..
just lift it up and have a look

hotel_kilo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
In my YL's (OL's?) VP, the 4 rear speaker wires are in the HiFi harness in the dash, but aren't in the loom at the back where it comes up under the back seat squab.

still looking for where they end inside the dash. :cry: Might have to go to the wreckers for a look, so I don't have to pull 'Er Ladyship's daily driver to bits again!... :)

david

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
They should end in the plug just behind the drivers side kickpanel (behind the bonnet release) ... they go into one side of the connector but not out the other

hotel_kilo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
They should end in the plug just behind the drivers side kickpanel (behind the bonnet release) ... they go into one side of the connector but not out the other

DanVN,

many thanks, I found them with your directions.

I was hoping to pick them up in the loom to keep things neat & original, but it might be too much hassle because of the connector style.

david

Last edited: