Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] VN Berlina

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
ITEM: 1990 Holden Berlina Sedan

YEAR: 1990

SERIES: VN

BADGE: Berlina

TRANSMISSION: Auto

COLOUR: Burgundy

EXTERIOR CONDITION: Has paint fade to panels facing up (as you would expect) however sides are quite mint. Appears no dings and completely straight.

INTERIOR CONDITION: Unholstery quite good, not really any roof sag. Usual wear and tear you'd expect for its age.

TYRE CONDITION: Needs a few new ones at least.

ODOMETER: About 220,000

SERVICE HISTORY: N/A

REGO OF CAR: QXW217. Now unregistered, expired in Dec 2008.

PLATES INCLUDED: No.

RWC: Negative.

PRICE: Throw me some offers.

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Buyer to collect, will need to be towed. I wouldn't recommend driving it.

PAYMENT OPTIONS: I'm easy.

CONTACT DETAILS: E-mail [email protected] or PM me here.

This car was returned to me by my ex as she no longer needs it and got a car of her own. Bought it last Feb from a dealer as traded with a RWC. When the reg expired in December it has sat in my back yard since. I started it today for the first time since then and it still starts and runs. It gets a little smoky due to some leaked oil settling somewhere. Appears a bit chuggy but what do you expect after sitting there for so long.

From what I know it needs work (don't they all?). The valley cover is leaking oil and something to do with the rear suspension. There is a small water leak in the cooling system also. The aircon works. The only thing I've ever noticed not working since I've had it is the windscreen washer button. All other instruments, lights etc are fully functioning.

I'm easy on the price, just want to get rid of it really. When I bought it I paid about $1200 with almost a full years registration.

I'll give it until the end of the month, if it doesn't sell here it's going to E-Bay or one of the local car wreckers can have it.

01042009415.jpg

01042009416.jpg

Last edited:

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Ill start with $50.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
what will it need for a roady?

To start with you're looking at tyres, especially the fronts due to the wheel alignment being neglected for some time. The spare is on it at the moment (a size too small, don't ask me who that happened) and the actual tyre belonging to it went flat.

As already mentioned there's an oil leak, rear of the valley cover. Also a leak in the power steering, slightly dripping from the fluid tank (easy fix?), it always needed a top up now and then. Rear suspension (bushes I think?) was quoted once $250 to have that done. Maybe a couple of other niggly things. A couple of door seals have become unstuck but can be glued back into place.

Other than that I'm really not sure as I'm no mechanic. There's no rust/holes or anything major. I've been told the water leak is not a roadworthy item. That leak isn't huge because as I recall it retained coolant/water well.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Also I forgot to include it has a tow bar fitted, always a bonus. The ride height appears to be higher than usual, I'm not sure if that's been especially modified. The last owner may have used it to tow a lot. A caravan or boat maybe?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
6 or an 8 mate?

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
So not for $50 eh?Got to start somewhere.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
$210..........