Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Brake lights are not working, please if you could help, new to cars

Love my VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VN Executive V6
Hi, i have owned my VN for just over 2 years now and it is my first car and i love it. Lately i have noticed my brake lighs are not working, however when i turn on the head lights, it appears the brake lights are on but they stay on with the rear lights.
Is this a common VN fault? Does anybody know how i could fix it? I would appreciate your help, thankyou =)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Do the lights change between brake lights and driving lights? or do they just stay the same?

If they stay the same, it will be the switch on the back of the brake pedal thats broken. Just get a replacement from a wrecker ;)

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
yep or rare - but check all ya globes for burnt out fillaments - if alll good check to see the contsacts for the globes arnt all rusted out etc.. work ya way back from there

Love my VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
hi, thanks guys, well the lights dont change while on or off, i had a look at the brake switch, when i unplugged it, it had no effect on the brake lights, is this right?
the bulbs are fine, i have bought new ones too. i am worried that it might be the wiring

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
were the new bulbs 2 prong ones or do they only have 1 contact on the end of them

Love my VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
the bulbs were the right ones thanks,
hey i just removed the brake switch and shorted the two wires and the brake lights came on so it is def the switch. i saw a universal one on ebay i might order, ooh i am findind this exciting, i am starting to learn about my car. Thanks guys very much for your help! I really appreciate it!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Very common problem on VN/Ps.

At least it'll be fixed soon ;)