Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn cabin fan direction switch thing isn't working

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Hi my heater direction select thing isn't working, it's stuck on feet and a tiny bit of air comes out the windscreen vents, I have replace that thing with the dials and a **** like that on it (forgot what it's called) I have checked vacuum hoses and they don't seem to be blocked and are where they should be, it makes a hissing noise after the heaters are on and I turn the car off. It's got me ####ed I don't know where to look next and I have till Monday to fix it because it has to go to its second check for a rw

Thanks in advance to any help

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
sounds like a vac tube has come loose somewhere. i know theres one just behind the head unit on the hvac box, check if hasent come off. check the 2 on your heater control tap switch (up near your left foot in the drivers seat, where the heater core pipes pass by the plastic center console side trim). might be a case of listening where the hissing is coming from to pinpoint it...

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Had a look and yes there was a vac hose that has come undone at the plastic trim next to drivers left foot. Works now thanks heaps I would have been there for ages lookin for the problem.