Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Calais 5.0 Efi to Carb!?

blownCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0
Hey guy's,

just found out about your site, Awesome!

I am a bit stuck i am in the middle of my first VN build and i am about to rip the injection off to make way for the carby through the bonnet.

Has anyone on here done this conversion before?
I am not to shore about the wiring and so on.

The car is being built for summernats and cruises so for everyone that is going to say i am stupid for wanting to change it i understand but the whole filter through the bonnet really does it for me!

Let me know what you think anyway!
Cheers:thumbsup: :wax:

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Are you converting it to carby just so it can pop out the bonnet? Or are there other reasons too? If thats the only reason you want to do it for, why not get a high rise manifold for fuel injection? If seen them on 304s before... dunno who makes them or whatever though, have a look around on a few performance parts sites and you should be able to track one down.

BTW, welcome to the site mate! Any pics of the Calais?

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Silly!, stick some throttle bodies ontop of a high rise if that's what you want, It'll still be illegal but it will be a whole lot less illegal than a carby

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
yea get a single plane manifold to suit the 304..... harrop do em for like 700 then like an extra bit of money to get em drilled out for efi....and with the carby it would never reach epa standards for rego

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
yeah my mate has a hirise on his 355, with a nice 4 barrel type throttle body! filter throgh the bonnet and all!

blownCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0
Really can you find out were he got it from, that sounds perfect.!

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
carby would be nice, like 750 double pumper or something, but i think you would have to get a pressure regulator or something, and just a 304 manifold to suit 4 barrel carb, not sure about the wiring, id just rip it all out and see if it runs, was thinking about doing this idea as well, but still waiting to get a 304

blownCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0
thanks guys will keep you posted.