Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Calais (5.7 Litre LT1, T56 - 6speed)

HSV802

Reaction score
Members Ride
RIP HSV Senator. Current 2002 VX2 HSV Clubsport.
This is a new toy I just picked it up yesterday, it is a VN Commodore that has been fitted with a 5.7 LT1 SBC, and a T56 6 speed gearbox out of a Comaro, going by the cert plate it was done way back in 1997. It also has been fitted with a LSD V8 Holden diff.

It has been parked up for the last year (took 4 hours to wash all the dirt and crap off it) due to the powersteering pump crapping it self, so that will be the first thing to sort in the new year, then will work on body work to get it painted, so i can use it.

Long term plan is to lose the body kit and fit VN SS style kit, different wheels and to tidy up the engine bay, and if i get lucky some VR/VS Hsv seats and door trims.

IMAG0731.jpgIMAG0730.jpgIMAG0728.jpg]IMAG0727.jpgIMAG0729.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0724.jpg
    IMAG0724.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Definitely get rid of that kit! looks horrible, i have a full VN SS kit here with nothing to go on if you're interested haha, will be watching this build to see how it goes!

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
should come up a treat. also please kill the body kit with fire. theres a reason why car companies hire people out of design schools, not crackhead bogans with an angle grinders and tins of bog. ill happily donate the petrol and a zippo.

side note: whats up with the strut tops. looks like a bad tit job, nipples in different directions...

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
As above, body kit is shocking.

Those LT1 motors however are bullet proof, they are slow as fk but are very solid

HSV802

Reaction score
Members Ride
As above, body kit is shocking.

Those LT1 motors however are bullet proof, they are slow as fk but are very solid

Will get rid of the kit at some stage, got to try find a power steering pump first. Hopefully get sorted once back from Holiday.

Managed to get some SS side skirts, will work on bumpers next.

Goes ok, better then the 5.0litres I've driven but no where near as good as my VX Clubsport, sounds a whole heap better then the LS1 too. It's more of a toy for me for so,e cruising and maybe enter a few burnout events.

Was looking for another VH when the wife said i could get this, so I did mainly because the running gear it had, but I think it will turn out ok.

Cheers

HSV802

Reaction score
Members Ride
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg