Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Calais 5 Speed - Slammed on Sigz, Big Sound System, Pearl Paintjob!

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
Imperial blue is for sure the best VN/VP Colour
I agree 100%, when I was respraying her i was going to change it, but couldnt it was too nice!
Nice calais mate, love what you've done with it!
Thanks mate, I havent done much to it since then but hoping to get a bit more cash together and star working on the old girl again

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Thanks mate, I havent done much to it since then but hoping to get a bit more cash together and star working on the old girl again

Chrome door handles look sooo good!! Howd you comeby those?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Looks nuts dude! Aweeesome looking car. Once your off your P's you should drop a big ass 355 in it....would be nuts!

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
More updates soon, I sold my other car so now ive got a little bit of cash to play with :)

Chrome door handles look sooo good!! Howd you comeby those?
I spent a loooong time on ebay looking for them bad boys, set me back 150, which is pretty good, i think he payed about that to get them chromed in the first place.
Looks nuts dude! Aweeesome looking car. Once your off your P's you should drop a big ass 355 in it....would be nuts!
I need to get ON my P's first :p. But then I've got LS1 plans for this one, :D.

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Looks sweet mate, the chrome door handles set it off.

Imperial Blue is such a nice colour ;)

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
Well I dont come on this particular forum very much anymore, but I figured I chuck a small update on:
61844_1514916505192_1002829505_31240346_1252913_n.jpg

60145_1514916625195_1002829505_31240347_6717855_n.jpg

Need to roll the gaurds asap, even with an adjustable panhard rod still scrubs full rotations lol. Inverted my subs yesterday, I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Told you those springs are crazy low Mark ;)

It's doable, you just need to get inventive with a hammer! You might find it scrubs further up inside the guard, where the metalwork is actually able to be beaten out toward the outer skin without interfering for quite a distance.. see where the rub marks are, lay down, put on some glasses and go nuts with a hammer. I did, on my old VR 304, and it worked :)

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
Told you those springs are crazy low Mark ;)

It's doable, you just need to get inventive with a hammer! You might find it scrubs further up inside the guard, where the metalwork is actually able to be beaten out toward the outer skin without interfering for quite a distance.. see where the rub marks are, lay down, put on some glasses and go nuts with a hammer. I did, on my old VR 304, and it worked :)

Haha yeaah it sat it just where I wanted it though so they where perfect!

I'll be getting the lip of the gaurds pushed back flat soon by my mate, but other then that, it doesnt appear to be scrubing inside the gaurds, which is good. :)

By the time shes back on the road, that should be sorted and with any luck will be living the low life. ;)