Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Calais 5 Speed - Slammed on Sigz, Big Sound System, Pearl Paintjob!

Ando227

Serious?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Series II Ute
How hard was it to change over the Dash lights to blue? I would of thought theres heaps of cables everywhere ect.

I'd also like to change the black dash look to a white.

Great lookin Calais btw.

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
If you buy a white dash, they normally have blue plastic in the dial faces, so you don't need to stuff around with the LEDs not that hard but yeah. With the LEDs in the screens 88greenVN helped me with that a fair bid. The steroe and climate control is all out doing the climate control waiting on bulbs and my headunit stoped working for some reason lol

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
As I will for you, I will most likely notice you because we have the same colour grill and when i get around to putting it on, hood scoop lol.

haha i have the calais grille on now, not the letterbox style one. and the hood scoops gone. infact i have the entire bonnet with hoodscoop still attached for sale if you want it :)

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
Bumpers resprayed and group a bonnet scoop fitted. Heres some pics.

Bumpers off..
IMG00031.jpg

IMG00032.jpg

Done and No. Plate covers on..
VN_0040.jpg

VN_0039.jpg

VN_0032.jpg

VN_0033.jpg

VN_0035.jpg

And my favorite pic..
VN_0038.jpg

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
Well, its more the prep than what we used, We sanded down all that crickley stuff thats on there normal calais bumpers as I didn't like it anyway. Then we sprayed it with coat after coat of this 2 in 1 spray putty pimer sanding inbetween coats and then the final coat with a nice coat of asteroid grey and and clear coat after that. We didn't use presure backs as we have a fairly decent compressor and a moderately price gun. Its well worth doing, next up is the side parts because there is a noticeable difference now lol.

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
Okay so I finally got around to putting them bonnet struts I've had lying around, I installed my new tb(not successfully I might add -.-) and I put on my JC sticker =D
VN_0042.jpg

VN_0041.jpg

VN_0045.jpg

Also here a pic of the back end after the bumper and garnish job. I'm very happy with it, actually.
VN_0043.jpg