Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Calais 5L

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Cheers Nick,

Would rather have of gotten it powdercoated, but i can always do that if i blow it up lol!

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
that sounds like a 'hopefully it happens' statement, rather than a backup plan... ur a funny bugger renno

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
that sounds like a 'hopefully it happens' statement, rather than a backup plan... ur a funny bugger renno

lol, well it sorta is Damo! I hope it gves up, eventually.....then i can have a shiny diff to match the shiny tank :rofl:

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
do you use the car as a tent during the night? sleep under it to see all your beautiful handiwork?
seriously, forget the pirie trip :D 110 and let the cavalcade of rocks and crap damage the undercarriage... you'd be devestated

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
do you use the car as a tent during the night? sleep under it to see all your beautiful handiwork?
seriously, forget the pirie trip :D 110 and let the cavalcade of rocks and crap damage the undercarriage... you'd be devestated

Nah ill still come up to Pirie.......just if the tank and diff get chips, it will all get repainted! lol

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Okay well a bit of an update today.

Today i hitted the diff with 3 coats of etch primer and I will let it dry overnight.

Ready for its first coat

VNCalaisV8137.jpg

After first coat

VNCalaisV8138.jpg

After second coat

VNCalaisV8139.jpg

Ill take pics of the third coat completely dried and ready for paint tomorrow.

I also managed to pick up some Pedders "big bore" rear shocks and some Pedders "touring" low springs.

VNCalaisV8140.jpg

VNCalaisV8141.jpg

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Couldn't update the thread yesterday with pics due to photobucket being a bitch!

So yesterday i managed to get the diff painted with 2 coats of black barrel paint and will do another and lightly rub it down and ill be done!

This is after the final coat of primer dried

VNCalaisV8142.jpg

Also eventhough i bought a line locker off of Mondo (RVK355), decided to keep it as a spare and went and bought a B&M launch control solenoid (line locker) from outlaws.

VNCalaisV8144.jpg

I also managed to pick up some pedders upper spring seats but they dont have any lower ones in stock so ill have to ring around today!

VNCalaisV8143.jpg