Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Calais 5L

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Bit of an update!

Dropped it off today to the painters and will get it back hopefully by the weekend for some crusing :)

Also popped in to see Leon at Awesome Automotive today and after a long discussion about stuff I booked in the Calais for a tune on the 11 of August :)

Ill try and get the foamy tune ive got sitting here into the Calais so i can do a comparision purely by "seat of my pants" feel.

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Okay well thought id give you all a little update on where the Calais is atm!

Took it to the painters on Monday and got them to paint the secondhand bar i had, repaint the drivers fender (to fix the cracking in the paint between the Calais mould and the fender) and to also paint the passenger fender mould and put it on!

Got it back on Friday and was told by the owner Dave that the mould for the front bar i had was shagged, so he gave me some contacts for a replacement mould and he will paint and fit it for free when i get it to him. Also he said the front end is still outta whack from my little accident last December, so he suggested that me and my dad (ex crash repairer) should have a suss and straighten it out ourselves in the next few weeks due to the cost he would charge to do it for us!

Anyways here are some pics i took after a quick 3 hour wash on saturday with my old VN Calais which my bro drives now :)....ohh and first post is now updated...

VNCalaisV8159.jpg

VNCalaisV8160.jpg

VNCalaisV8161.jpg

VNCalaisV8162.jpg

VNCalaisV8163.jpg

See the gaps on the passenger side around the headlight and bonnet due to the crash

VNCalaisV8164.jpg

VNCalaisV8165.jpg

VNCalaisV8166.jpg

VNCalaisV8167.jpg

VNCalaisV8168.jpg

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Where its been living for the past week, at the back of the impound yard under a tree, covered in leaves, bird poo and bird blood!

VNCalaisV8169.jpg

VNCalaisV8170.jpg

VNCalaisV8171.jpg

Out the front of the police station

VNCalaisV8172.jpg

The car seems to be the same as when it got towed. Only things I have noticed is a small chip on the right rear passenger door, and how they left the sill panel and kick panel.

VNCalaisV8173.jpg

And what they found underneath

VNCalaisV8174.jpg

Quick clean and now in her permanent home in the shed waiting for work to be done.

VNCalaisV8176.jpg

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Well I got a bit bored today, so I thought Id start to strip the Calais back a bit ready for the repairs. Managed to get the rear seat out, parcel shelf, rear 1/4 windows and other bits of interior.

VNCalaisV8178.jpg

Just a bit of a plug for you Chris! :rofl:

VNCalaisV8179.jpg

VNCalaisV8180.jpg

VNCalaisV8181.jpg

VNCalaisV8182.jpg

VNCalaisV8183.jpg

Now for all that have been in my car and have heard the blissful rear speakers......

This is them....

VNCalaisV8177.jpg