Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Calais Dash malfunctioning

huntsman482

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais, WH Statesman V8
i am after a bit of information really if anyone can help , i have a VN Calais & i am having issues with the Dash cluster , with the speedo & Tachometer not working & when i put it into reverse , the "press remote " light comes on , the Dash Cluster Came with it i think its a series 2 or 3 ,,, not sure though , as its similar to the one i have from my old VP Calais ,,, the car is 89 model V8 , & the dash that came with it has V8 stickers on it to indicate its a V8 dash ( assumabley ) if that helps & i really don't know if the previous owner tampered with the loom or if its a simple case of a wrong dash cluster & if someone can post me a pick of the one i should have in there ,,, or if someone can help me with ideas to remedy this problem thanx in advance :)

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
It is the second release cluster that had the chime and press remote (replaced the REV lamp in the cluster)

Tacho and speedo could be a broken track on the PCB or voltage regulator is in need of some solder.

huntsman482

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais, WH Statesman V8
problems have been solved , as the speed sensor had faulty wiring from previous owner lack of knowledge & dash cluster has been replaced & V8 tachometer has also been installed & seems to be operating fine ,,, now just to tackle the rest of the cars faulty wiring nightmare , lol ,