Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn calais v8 front wheel bearings

marky_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V8
Hi I am putting new disc rotors on the front of my vn and also changing wheel bearings. Just wanted to find out if when putting them in you put the inside and outside bearings into the disk and then slide the disc into it's place? I have tapped a new bearing casing into the new disc and when I put the disc on it doesn't sit right so was wandering wether once the outer bearing is in it will sit in its place and then I can put the nut etc on. Cheers

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I put the inner bearing in making sure its greased and square. Then I put some grease on the shaft between the two bearings in the belief that if the disc overheats there will be some grease to melt and add lube to the bearings- an old school idea that might not be relevant today. Then fit the outer bearing and tighten it up fully, back the nut off until the split pin holes line up. Fit the split pin and wheel - make sure the wheel spins without binding or any lateral movement.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
You have the bearing cups the right way?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Use high temp grease, put grease in your palm of your hand and keep tapping the bearing into it to pack them good before fitting.