Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Commodore 3.8l transmission mounts???

PUSHIN

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8L S1 VN & Sr20det 180sx
Okay, so i've been doing a bit of a search for some transmission mounts, i tried supercheap "try repco or autobarn." autobarn and repco both said try GM, so i tried the local holden dealer "they're obsolete, you'll have to source one second hand" uhm.. to my knowledge these have a portion of rubber, infact, mine has been soaked in oil, therefore gone soft, and therefore needs replacing, i DO NOT want a second hand one, i'd much rather buy new considering they're only $50 or so, and the wreckers here are dodgy and ****, so it'd cost me just as much as new, and it'd probably be rooted.

So anyway, my question is, WHERE can i locate a NEW transmission mount, i've just tried rarespares, they told me to call back on monday to see if they can get them (after having me on hold for ten minutes -.- useless.) so if anyone could help on where i may be able to find a new one, it would be much appreciated, or if someone had an unused one sitting around they wanted to sell? whaatever, just as long as i get one im happy.

Thanks alot everyone! :)

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
There is usually a few on ebay.

Strange that you couldn't get one from the big chains, last time I went to supercheap they had one on the shelf. I think in supercheaps system it comes up as 'Engine Mount - Rear' maybe try asking about that and see how you go.

PUSHIN

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
thanks alot mate, i went to autobarn, supercheap, and repco, when i called supercheap he did check for the rear engine mount as he said "theres only engine mounts, and rear engine moutns.." "well, it must be the rear engine mount..." "ah yeah, i'd say so, hmm no we dont have any, try GM" repco and autobarn said the same, gm said they were obsolete, and then i got onto rarespares today, he said "how bad do you need it..?" "uuh, well.. i need it for a roadworthy, but im currently just after a price.." "oh, $45, but theres only one left in australia" "ah, alright.." so i called a few wreckers, called a decent wrecker, who's always sold me good parts, $22, rubber is pretty damn solid, i'd say it'll be all good! Thanks mate!! :D just one more question though, did a bit of a search, but came up on nothing, how do i go about installing this? i have found where its located, but will i need to support the transmission or anything like that? any tips greatly appreciated, thanks alot everybody!

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
In future, Try R&E Autos next to Get Wet outdoors. They are normally more helpful and cheaper then the other big stores in the Valley. Avoid Bursons :)

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
When I changed mine I put the front of the car on ramps and a jack under the trans to support it and allow me to adjust the height. Then just got under there, undid the bolts, put the new mount in and bolted it all back up, easy done. I also cleaned the crap off the crossmember but im anal.

PUSHIN

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
thanks tom! i'll be sure to remember that for next tiem! thanks alot d3v14nt, much appreciated! easy job by the sounds of it :D

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
are you sure theyre obsolete? i just bought a brand new one for my vk for $22 from (auto one melton) and had no trouble getting that youd think you could still get them for a vn if theyre still made for a vk.

vaxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S1 Sedan, VR Ute
they have plenty of VK style ones. Used on a hell of a lot of cars, anything with a m20, m21 m22 manual or m40 auto and a few others.

Ask them to check to see how many they have :)