Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn commodore near stalling

R

riker

i have a V6 VN commodore which feels like it going to stall. It loses power then kicks back in, on the odd time it will completely stall when its low on fuel. I am only getting between 250 and 350 k's out of a tank around town even less when on the open road. I have had a major service done, filters changed, injector cleaner but in, gearbox service, fuel system check. Nothing seems to work.
There are are no modifications done to it as far as i am aware. I don't have lpg installed.

can anyone help me with any suggestions on what might be causing this to happen or if anyone else has had the same sort of promblem and knows how to fix it, could you please let me know. please email me.

email: [email protected]

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
check for vaccum leaks and if you still have no joy try a map sensor that worked for me ive also heard of crank angle sensors causing similar issues

mine is manual and it actually would stall between gear changes but only when it was cold

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Replace Oxy Sensor. Throttle Body Sensor. That will help fuel economy.
Any codes from the ECU?

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
Check your fuel lines for leaks whilst engines running, also while car is running go to back of car and listen if your fuel pump is making loud noises, another thing it could be is fuel pressure regulator...

SOunds like cars starving for fuel so fuel pump,fuel pressure regulator.

or you have blocked fuel line or bad fuel hose...

check the fuel line hoses near throttle body as this is where mine leaked from until i fixed it..

V

vpcalaisv8

I have a V8 VP Calais with the same problem, i took it back to holden several times and the only thing that seemed to have any effect was cleaning out the throttle body. But a month later its started to do it again, especially when its low on fuel (which could just be a coincidence) It could still be a fuel pump problem, but thats quite annoying to fix, let me know if u get it sorted i'd be keen to know!

reading a few other posts, it looks like the throttle body sensor could be the problem, apparently quite inexpensive to fix, might give i a crack

Last edited by a moderator: