Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Commodore series 1 fuel tank, can I swap to VP-VS?

Evan1

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice
Hello, I apologise if this has been addressed elsewhere, I have a VN wagon series 1, the tank is completely had it, it had been repaired previously but not very well. When we pulled the sender out it was disintegrated. My question is can I get a VP-VS wagon tank with sender and strap it straight in? I’ve really struggled to find a VN tank is the reason why I’d like to swap it out. Thanks.

refvpsenator

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp senator
Cheers mate, I can't answer your question. All I can do to help you out is ask a decent wrecking mob for advise if the other blokes do not chime in to help you.
I can post pictures of the tank from my VP Senator which is 80 liters capacity. The tank is back in the car so I am not able to measure it up where it fits under the floor. I understand the VN and VP have the same floor plan so maybe a chance . Check the pics and see if it matches your tank. regards

Attachments

• senator fuel tank 4.jpg
    senator fuel tank 4.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 403
  • senator fuel tank 3.jpg
    senator fuel tank 3.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 430
  • senator fuel tank.jpg
    senator fuel tank.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 239

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Last edited:

refvpsenator

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp senator
Sedan tank won't fit in a wagon.

I think it will fit, but there will be different ports that will need some reconfiguration.
If you go the later tank, also get the filler neck and fittings.
[/QUOTE
I picked up that add when looking for something for my Senator. I had forgotten [did not read the post properly] that Evan1 had mentioned he had a wagon.
I tried to scan and place a file of the tank for the wagon like I did for the filler neck of the Senator but could not reduce the size of the file by emailing it to myself. So I can't upload it. The wagon tank is a different shape, the hump appears bigger and it appears narrower on the other side. So a sedan one will not fit a wagon by the looks of the different shape. Pretty sure the VN VP VR and VS all have the same floor plan in the wagon as does the sedan.
Also looks like a bit of difference between the independent 5 link tank and the solid axle tanks. Pic in the manual shows the ute and wagon tanks looking different also. My apologies for the misinformation. cheers.

refvpsenator

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp senator
Wagon fuel tank in my Holden workshop manual looks similar to the one in the pic I got from the net. It is a VS Tank.

Attachments

• VS Fuel Tanks 1.jpg
    VS Fuel Tanks 1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 279

bjf66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HDT Aero
Hello, I apologise if this has been addressed elsewhere, I have a VN wagon series 1, the tank is completely had it, it had been repaired previously but not very well. When we pulled the sender out it was disintegrated. My question is can I get a VP-VS wagon tank with sender and strap it straight in? I’ve really struggled to find a VN tank is the reason why I’d like to swap it out. Thanks.

You could try wade on facebook, I was talking to him about the sender for VN, he wanted $200 for tank and sender
i managed to get another sender, not sure of condition you will have to do the leg work

cheers
Brett

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Wagon floor pan is different to sedan. The wagon shares its floor pan with the utes. On a ute when you remove the fuel tank, you see the rear foot well and how it’s a wagon floor pan.
Sedan, wagon and ute had different fuel tanks.

I went through fuel tank problems with my VP.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah as Fu said ute tank is different. Don't think you can even use VR ute tank in VS as the senders are not the same.