Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN commodore trim colours

Trizzle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV ClubSport
Hi all.
I’ve recently purchased a VN clubsport and am replacing some damaged interior/dash pieces. I have the code 16i on my plate which someone has told me is a light grey colour, but the entire interior looks to be a grey/blue colour. I don’t know the history of the car and I’m unsure of the codes/colours so unsure if the whole interior was replaced or not but just want to confirm what colour I have and what trim code it is? I’ll attach a pic of my dash and a glove box lid that I purchased which don’t match. If someone can tell me the 2 different trim codes/colour that would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Troy
0942A98D-ECD5-4B4D-ABDA-749EB223CD2A.jpeg
F80607A1-0D0A-403B-9A68-8810F983A4DC.jpeg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The grey/blue colour looks more like 25i which was in my old VS

SbZJ5Pg.jpg

Trizzle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV ClubSport
The grey/blue colour looks more like 25i which was in my old VS

SbZJ5Pg.jpg
Yeah that’s what I though but the trim code is 16i I guess maybe someone has completely changed the interior

91SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VNSS 1991
Photos look like the plastics are original. My SS which I've owned since 94 is a 16i. The plastics vary slightly in colour throughout dash. They are not blue grey. The console and dash are a light grey whereas the glove box and cluster surrounds and under steering column is euclalypt grey. The steering surrounds are light grey. The A and B and C pillars are light grey.
The nearest trim colour is a 15i from a VR.
Hope that helps.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
VN had 5 trim colours
13i Eucalypt Grey
16i new grey
63i smokey beige
66i Palomino
76i mulberry

the VP had the addition of the 23i steel blue. (close to VS 25i, but still a little different)

your 16i is probably right, but after 30 years the sun damage on various trim pieces do impact the colours. I always try to match the trim code, but sometimes when you put matching codes next to each other, still a noticeable difference.

Trizzle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV ClubSport
VN had 5 trim colours
13i Eucalypt Grey
16i new grey
63i smokey beige
66i Palomino
76i mulberry

the VP had the addition of the 23i steel blue. (close to VS 25i, but still a little different)

your 16i is probably right, but after 30 years the sun damage on various trim pieces do impact the colours. I always try to match the trim code, but sometimes when you put matching codes next to each other, still a noticeable difference.
Thanks a lot mate I think it is right just maybe I was told different by the person selling me stuff. All good I think it is 16i as every bit in the car is the same colour, either way if it isn’t I do like the blue/grey better than the light grey colour anyway.