Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Commodore v6 executive dash wiper switch problem

all4one

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive II
When l put switch to 1 or 2 the wipers work normally but when l put back the switch to off the wipers keep working. I'm thinking the dash switch has had it but not sure. Any ideas?

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
they can get a bit crusty inside over time.You might be able to rectify the problem by taking the switch out and give it a squirt of electric contact cleaner....... my one works but when you switch on the wipers the speedo ceases to operate, that is until you turn off the engine then the speedo works again.......figure that one out:rolleyes:

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I had a lot of problems with my dash switches due to cracks and dry joints in the wiring connections. A resolder fixed them.
Good VN/VP/VQ dash switches are getting hard to find.
A VQ switch complete with its rheostat adjustment "ear" sold on ebay about a week ago for $860.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
@markovr did a wiper conversion. I don’t recall the details (I have them “somewhere”).

I did VR wipers into the VP many moon ago with his help. I don’t recall the specifics but it might be an option?