Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn commodore VS subary liberty

holdnlvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
as above im curious as what will win, the subary is a 2000 liberty rx 2.5l. both cars are auto and both in good nik.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Vn should win if the lib is n/a.

And yes xcop, it does have a boxer motor, all subarus do. A boxer moter is a subaru horizontaly opposed 4 or 6 cyl engine.

holdnlvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
yeh slundy is correct, thats the only thing that had me worried. whats the best way to race him for a guaranty win, off the line or while driving???

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
as long as u do get any wheel spin u should be rite, the subi's awd so it's get the benifit there. dont think their that quick but unless turboed, mates got a forester and thats an absolute slug. its got ok pickup to about 60 after that it sucks, and booting it at 80 its got no pickup.

should be an easy win, subi mite get the jump off the line but u should catch him in first high up in rpm and into second.

cheers
ryan

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
N e where. Youll get a harder launch and youll also accelerate faster and to higher speeds.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Standing start and you should win easily, rolling start could be surprising depending on the initial speed but you should still win if you start at a low speed.
N/A Libertys don't feel very quick but their actual times tell a different story.
Don't forget the old 2.0litre manual, at 9.2 seconds was slightly quicker than the N/A VL manual six and the auto was well over a second quicker than the VL auto. I believe the 2.5 is only about the same as the old 2.0litre as the car is now heavier. Both being auto and stock, you should have over a second on the Subaru if your car is running right.

Edit: 2.2litre not 2.0litre, my mistake.

Last edited:

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I'll second those comments. I wish I could give some more numbers but I can only recall that an earlier model Subaru Liberty 2.5 (man) was one car included in a Wheels feature on factory 'Q' cars (sleepers). (Others included VS S/C Calais and Nissan Bluebird 2.4.) I guess that there is one way to find out.....:).

AlpineRaven

Reaction score
Yes and no... Subarus have good low range torque and power where abouts VN's 3.8s has better higher range of power.
My previous car was 2.2 Litre 1995 Liberty AWD (all wheel drive) and it does start off very quick then next car to me will beat me but can catch up. If its 2.5 litre will go quick but not as much as stock vn. If you had turbo, would beat VN.
These 2.5 litres are NA same with 2.2. If its EJ20 (2.0 litre) NA is sluggush but if its turboed then yeah will beat it easily.
Cheers
AP