Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Commodore wiring diagrams

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Hey guys just putting up a sort of thread for wiring diagrams for VN commodores (most should be the same for the VP) from the workshop manual book i have that has helped me out with the wiring for my VH V6 conversion. i hope that the iinfo i put up will be of some help for you other guys out there needing to find wiring info on the VN as i had some trouble from time to time looking on google for such diagrams before buying the book.
I have had a great deal of help from fellow commodore guys on this site and the "Street Commodore" forum page so i think i will do this to help out others who are after wiring info.
To start with i have the main wiring diagrams with the legend of what the symbols are and the color codes.
The numbers along the wire colors in the diagrams mean the the circuit number first numbers, the wire color (L.blu(light blue)) and the size (gauge) of the wire in question
wiring5.jpg

Starting-charging-heating-cruise-st.jpg
Powr_windows-mirrors-cen_locking-ho.jpg

Lighting.jpg

Engine_management.jpg

Demister-wipers-washer-instruments.jpg

Next is a list of the sensors, relays, switches etc that have there codes from the main wiring diagrams with a discription of what the item is and then the location as looking at the very bottom of the main wiring diagram
Eg ; Code R52 is the Warning lamp check relay and this is located at Loc 26 that means looking at the bottom of the main wiring diagrams you will see numbers in lots of tens from zero to 450, find number "26" then look up the diagram and you will find the relay.
wiring1.jpg

wiring2.jpg

wiring3.jpg

wiring4.jpg

Next is several lists of all the wiring conectors from front of the car to the back with wiring info and location to help out,
Eg for the first one YE1 (M.W.H) means Y = connector, E = Engine, (B = body, R = Rear) 1 M.W.H. = Main Wirng Harness
Loc A 438 = is the location from the numbers at the very bottom of the Main wiring diagrams
The picture is what the coneector looks like and the number (u)h30004nominates part number
wiring21.jpg

wiring6.jpg

wiring7.jpg

wiring8.jpg

wiring9.jpg

wiring10.jpg

wiring11.jpg

wiring12.jpg

wiring13.jpg

wiring14.jpg

wiring15.jpg

wiring16.jpg

wiring17.jpg

wiring18.jpg

wiring19.jpg

wiring20.jpg

I hope all this makes sense to most it takes a little nutting out but once you know how to read it should be pretty easy cheers
Feel free to add to this thread or correct me if i have made a mistake guys as i am still learning as i go too

ekdave

Reaction score
Members Ride
62 ek v6 powered
there great but hard to read any chance that someone could up load hi res copys or email them to me im desperate for these drawing

Thanks David
[email protected]

Aaron6.93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Calais L67
I am in need of hi res images too, where you able to get a copy?

If anyone has these images in hi res can you please send them to me, [email protected]

Thanks,
Aaron

bgpzfm

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTSS LS1 +2010 VE SV6 LLT ute +1990 VG V6 ute
Not to disparage the original poster's efforts, but here are some higher resolution scans of the colour-coded VN wiring diagram.

O8pMnQK.jpg

scan179 VN 1-90.jpg
scan178 VN 90-180.jpg
scan177 VN 180-270.jpg
scan176 VN 270-360.jpg