Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Commodore

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
hey people, im having a few problems with oil flow on my series 2, im sort of leaning towards oil pump, but what i want to know, is there a oil pump as such on a vn, and if so, where is the bloody thing, i have tried about 4 different oils, and about 3 types of oil filter's, it's just not doing anything, i know it's a oil flow problem, cause there aint no oil flowing. \

please help, i cant stand driving the old man's toyota 4x4 anymore

cheers
garth

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
I thought the V6 was a chev design (could be wrong) but they all MUST have an oil pump. Just make sure its not a blockage at the oil pick up screen. Sorry no advice on how or where will go and have a look at the old 307 in the back yard later. Might help but I'm sure someone should know.

Regards Guy

Garth

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
the v6 in the commodore is bassed on the buick v6 from yanke land, but i swear mine must be a ford motor, it keeps breaking

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Yeh it does, but its a bit of a **** to get to.
pull the water pump pulley off then pull of the timing cover and its under there next to the warning light sensor.
the oil pickup can be accessed by pulling the sump off if you think it may be that.
do u get a oil pressure warning light?

let us know how it goes.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
As manic vp said. I will add that if you don't get it sorted soon, you will most likely be up for a new cam which when it decides to bite into the bearings which is 500 brand new. I know it happened to me. I would try and see if there is anyway of flushing the oil system.

Garth

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
well, i would like to say that it's good new's, well, it sure is, well, guess what it was, bloody wrong oil filter, was restricting oil flow in a huge way, so problem solved. all is good again, yippie