Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Computer Chips

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
From memory I paid $600 for it which so far has been the biggest waste of money by far.

As you can see on the main page I have my full exhaust system done as well as pacemaker headers so you would have at least thought I would have noticed a bit of an improvement instead of chewing through more petrol.

We can't get Optimax in Adelaide only the Premium Unleaded stuff which from personal experiences is utter rubbish. I bought a couple of tanks from Shell which caused problems and I've never used it again besides it supports Dick Johnson racing

I've been mainly using BP Ultimate with the odd tank of Mobil and it's never missed a beat.

My cousin with his VY SS has troubles with BP well not so much trouble but the km's just aren't there in the tank whereas Mobil on the otherhand he swears by so I guess it depends on the type of vehicle and how it's driven obviously.

Powershit Aus reckon they do nothing to do with the fuel mixture so it must be something else.

V

VNSSMODMAN

QUOTE (Darren @ Nov 8 2003, 06:37 AM) Speaking of non-stock chips if you do intend on getting one don't go to Powerchip Australia, I have had nothing but troubles from day one to now simply putting up with it.

Just a warning, their claimed figures I would think are way off or simply stock chips as I noticed no difference at all putting their memcal in my VN besides running rich.
VN SS 5.0 Mod chips are great! But you must stick to strick guide lines if you are going to do it. As if your going to get power from a chip. All it does is pump in more fuel and advance the spark. If you are going to use a chip get one from Chiptorque in QLD. And Never....NEVER just put in a chip. Waist of time!
You need to go at least a stage 2 cam, 4 into 2 into 1 Pacemaker Extractors, 2 Cats or 1 high flow cat, and do the lifters and valve springs. That combination has brough my VN SS from standard 165kw rear wheel to 216Kw Rear wheel.
You can by a cam and chip package from Crows cams for about $1000. But tell them you dont want the memcal. This will take the price down to about $570 bucks. Then go to chip torque and they will make you a mad chip for $495. Heaps better than the chip that you will get with the package and heaps better than a chip from shitty over rated powerchip in Melbourne. Screw them.
Remember if you are thinking of somthing like this you must have a good set of extractors and 2.5 inch exaust so the thing can breath or you wont get the maxium out of the package.
I hope this gives you guys some idea's
QUOTE Chips are good with the right mods

V

VNSSMODMAN

QUOTE (VNSSMODMAN @ Nov 10 2003, 06:37 PM) QUOTE (Darren @ Nov 8 2003, 06:37 AM) Speaking of non-stock chips if you do intend on getting one don't go to Powerchip Australia, I have had nothing but troubles from day one to now simply putting up with it.

Just a warning, their claimed figures I would think are way off or simply stock chips as I noticed no difference at all putting their memcal in my VN besides running rich.
VN SS 5.0 Mod chips are great! But you must stick to strick guide lines if you are going to do it. As if your going to get power from a chip. All it does is pump in more fuel and advance the spark. If you are going to use a chip get one from Chiptorque in QLD. And Never....NEVER just put in a chip. Waist of time!
You need to go at least a stage 2 cam, 4 into 2 into 1 Pacemaker Extractors, 2 Cats or 1 high flow cat, and do the lifters and valve springs. That combination has brough my VN SS from standard 165kw rear wheel to 216Kw Rear wheel.
You can by a cam and chip package from Crows cams for about $1000. But tell them you dont want the memcal. This will take the price down to about $570 bucks. Then go to chip torque and they will make you a mad chip for $495. Heaps better than the chip that you will get with the package and heaps better than a chip from shitty over rated powerchip in Melbourne. Screw them.
Remember if you are thinking of somthing like this you must have a good set of extractors and 2.5 inch exaust so the thing can breath or you wont get the maxium out of the package.
I hope this gives you guys some idea's
QUOTE Chips are good with the right mods
SORRY GUYS
THAT WAS 165KW at the FlyWheel to 216KW Flywheel

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
i dont know about that chip yoru talking about vnssmodman, i live in qld and i happen to have that exact chip, it was put in about 2 yrs ago, and it was relpaced about 2 month's ago, causing more problems that it's worth, i went back to factory chip, and no problems since, i guess it's like sterio's, everyone has their own personal fravourite.