Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Converting To RB30 Turbo

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
The bottom end of the motors complete, just waiting rof the head to comback so i can build the rest and get the oil lines made up. the cars primed and going to be sprayed this week. should look nice once its done, hopefully. will post pics once the car is sprayed.

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
Cars finally prepped and getting sprayed tomorroz hopefully. will have more pics soon.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
: ) I'm reading everything you post, just waiting to see it go pSSSCHOOOOOOOOOOOOWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH and run a 12 :)

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
yeah i hope it will run 12's. But not for a while yet :( still waiting on a few things to compete.
Thanks it should look even better once sprayed, i think the smash repairers getting annoyed with me going to look at my car every day. lol. i am hoping to have it ready this weekend to do some more work on it. See how it goes. He was doing the second sand this arvo, so hopefully the last sand tomorrow and the spray.
Should be getting the head back tomorrow, hopefully, so the motor will be complete soon. i think it has everything done to it. reco, port and polish, bigger valves, springs and a stage 2 turbo cam.
Looks like i have a big weekend coming up to work on my car. Good thing the boss is letting me use the workshop, it saves alot of stuffing around if i were to do it at home. good stuff. :yeah:

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
YEAH, i've got the car back. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
looks really nice.
most of the engine bays in.
interiors still striped.
outside almost together, just a couple of bits and pieces left.
here are some more pics, they aren't the exact colour because of the light used (taken later today) will have better ones tomorrow.
Picture 007s.JPG
Picture 009s.JPG
Picture 017s.JPG

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
At the start of the thread he said, 250-300 rwkw is the goal. Should make over 250 no worries :) can't see why not

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
greenfoam said:
At the start of the thread he said, 250-300 rwkw is the goal. Should make over 250 no worries :) can't see why not

yeah i was curious if that was still the figure now the engine was in though... will be very interesting to see the exact figure it pulls!

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
yeah still aiming for the 250-300rwkw mark.
heres some better pictures in the light.
Picture 018s.JPG
Picture 022s.JPG
Picture 026s.JPG
Enjoy!:yeah: