Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn dash ahhhh f*** giz a hand chaps

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
hey people..
got a problem, i got a 91 vn.. pulled the old dash out, put the new one in, got to the centre console and now the whole dash is rolled too far back and where it meets the centre console is just NOT gunna happen lol :hmmm:
I fear something has been forgotten and the whole dash will need to come back out..
but before that happens i thought i would ask THE PEOPLE...
anyone had this happen before?
easy fix?
any ideas?

if not.. then the dash MUST:boxing: come out

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP vacationer, 95 VR II exec, 92 VP S Pack
****! I am about to do my whole dash tomorrow :S hope I dont run into something like that.

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
hmm ive taken a couple out cant say ive had that problem, cant see how it could be rolled back.. he centre bolt holding the dash down pretty much ensures it cant go any further back so to speak..

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
do tell... centre bolt hmmmmz i wonder if that got put in correctly :p not me that put it in, a mate did it and i want to know what he did wrong... was trying to get away from having a dodgy dash hahahaha

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
the centre bolt... is centre of the dash (middle) and right against the windscreen... if thats in then it shouldnt be able to roll any further back.. its a bitch to get to

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Naaa no pics right now, i will suss it out tomorrow.. Im thinking he maybe got some wiring behind it in the wrong places, fingers crossed aye... Will look clean once its finnished, doing the full imaculate interior (dash, console, carpet, seats an trim) strait out of a vn berlina, its brownish maroon, sum say poo, but i like it hahaha