Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn dash problems

statesman_wagon89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Statesman Wagon( written off) VN calias 5 speed
My series 1 vn v6s temp warning light, the one that flashes when hot, (i have a calias dash) flashes even when engine is stationary and cod. My temp gauge barely even moves off dead cold ( only when stopped at lights for a while). Does any one know what might cause this light to flash whenever it likes?
also my distance to empty seems to be playing up also. I filled it up to half a tank the other day, it went to 300km to empty. Then when the temp light started playing up it went to 0km to empty, then when i turned the car off and started it again it went to 450km to empty?????
has anyone ever had this problem before?????

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Temp gauge never moves off dead cold except waiting in traffic . . . mine had EXACTLY that problem before . . .

The thermostat was stuck open. A new thermostat and housing, and everything worked perfectly. You'll get better fuel economy with a working thermostat, and it'll be better for your engine!

As for the Calais dash, I've had no experience with these so unfortunately I can't help out!

Cheers
Sammy B

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Over temp light is fed a ign 12v and to light it when the engine actually overheats is supplied a -ve by the trip computer module and if the gauge is showing normal temperature the sender unit must be ok...you would suspect unless one of the circuitboard tracks is shorted that the module may be playing up