Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Door Pods

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
hey guys, just wanted to know if any1 had any experiances with the VR/VS door pods in a VN. im considering these or the fibreglass ones but i don't know if i can justify the price. (ie. $20 for VR/VS pods or $170 for fibreglass) cheerio.:)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
170 for fibreglass? what ones are they? we sell a neat basic fibreglass pod at work for $80 a pair(autobarn)

but ive got vr door pods in mine, jsut a matter of cutting the hole in the door trim, line up the pod and drill/punch new screw holes in the trim and screw the spacer to the door and screw the speaker in.

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
Yep, I'd go with door pods, if you can get a good looking set at the wreckers. You can fit 6.5s in with a bit of work.

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
I just put some VS Berlina pods in my VN Calais on saturday... works a treat.
Most of the screws line up to the new pods from the old map pocket. a hole needs to be cut, and you will need to drill a couple of holes in the door to mount the baffles.
Probably get rid of the shitty plastic guards in the door, they will just vibrate around with the speakers, and make sure you put soem insulation between the baffles and the door to reduce vibration.
The hardest part is actually removing the trim (stupid locking mechanism)
Best part is, it looks like factory.
Easier than wasting money on fibreglass pods.
If youre fitting 6.5 inch speakers, then widthwise is easy, but depth can be a problem, as the baffles have "cup" style recesses for the speakers which in my case i had to cut off.