Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn dyno figures

holdnlvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
hey guys recently got a vn six, and when i put it on the dyno i got a reading of 93rwk, some of the people that i show say its good for that car and others laugh at my face. what do you guys rekon is this a average results and what time do use rekon i can get down the dragstrip(note the car is 100% stock).

thanks

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Id say thats pretty average. How much is it to get a dyno reading. i want to get one.

holdnlvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
i got it for free, my my brother in law done it for me
sorry

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
it's good to hav a base figuire so from now on everytime you do somthing get it dynoed at the same place and you'll know exactly how much each mod gives you

holdnlvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
what time do yous rekon the car can pull 0-100kmph and 0-400m on average?
and is it quick enough to beat a ef fairmont(brothers car) its 103rwkw stock?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Dynos can vary 15rwkw no problem, but so long as you keep taking it to the same place it should stay close to how it was last time, but even then it will vary a few kw each time. It should be quicker than the fairmont to 100 and over the 1/4 (if you have an executive)

holdnlvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
i raced him this morning at the lights, i had the take off by about 1 car lengths, then he just kept cumming back he won by about 1 second. but i was infront of him from 0-100kmph

AMAGDN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Formula
mine got dynoed at 95.53kw at the wheels on a dyno dynamics dyno that was with only a 2.5 inch cat back exhaust so it seems about on the money

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
holdnlvr said:
i raced him this morning at the lights, i had the take off by about 1 car lengths, then he just kept cumming back he won by about 1 second. but i was infront of him from 0-100kmph

So do some secret adjusting on your car, make sure the throttle body is lined up perfect 100% open http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=20055

Put some new spark plugs, new air filter/fuel filter and stick the VS Cold air intake on it. Then we should see a different story