Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn ecm change

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S Pac...(S for sexy)
VN ECU is just as tunable minus some features like sequential injection.

22:1 (why such a specific ratio) will just grenade the engine and next to zero VRs had an Ecotec.
I thought the VR had a plug to plug into in the car while the VN has to have some computer intense **** done to change anything...
sequential injection isn’t necessary though is it? Just manafactures being fancy?
I read somewhere that running a 22:1(I think) ratio will save 33%fuel
Why grenade? Won’t it lean out and not be able to run if it’s to much? Or will it ping the **** out of the motor and the ka ******* boom? Or head temps too heigh

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It will be a whole lot easier and not to mention $100s cheaper to just remap your VN memcal than try and make the VR PCM work in the VN. VR has a PCM not ECM therefore it receives input from the trans to work properly.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S Pac...(S for sexy)
It will be a whole lot easier and not to mention $100s cheaper to just remap your VN memcal than try and make the VR PCM work in the VN. VR has a PCM not ECM therefore it receives input from the trans to work properly.
:eek::rolleyes:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So you have said before you have no money, yet you want to spend 100s of bucks getting a later model PCM working in your VN? I don't get it? Why not just remap your VN memcal?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think it's time you do some research.

As I said earlier, the only advantage of the VR pcm is that it comes with high speed comms already fitted with the OBD 2 port. From a tuning perspective the software is the same for VN and VR.

Forget ecotec pcm. That means a complete engine rewire to make it work and the only advantage is full sequential injection.

Before you consider making any tuning adjustments you have a lot to figure out and understand considering you don't even seem to understand some of the basics been bandied about in this thread.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I read somewhere that running a 22:1(I think) ratio will save 33%fuel

If all it took to save fuel was to lean out the engine heaps don't you think car manufacturers would have done that already?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Leaning out also increases certain emissions which isn't adr and epa friendly....

Some of the V6's lean out to about 17-18:1 on lean cruise already. The other thing to remember is a lean mixture burns at a different rate to rich afr's so ignition timing advance also needs to be considered....

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Have you ever done any efi conversion or ecu change it will cost you a lot of time. Buy a better car if you want better fuel economy the VN is what it is from your other post you were struggling to afford a wheel alignment do you check the tyre pressures daily? The way you drive it will be the biggest factor effecting fuel economy try to keep the bullshit believable will ya.