Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[308] vn efi head conversion

vk336ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 vk ss group 3
i got my 308 stroked to 355 and decked all the goodies and i grabbed some vn efi heads and had them decked like the block.
the carbie manifold to suit theses heads leak water out of the valley into the sump through the gaskets.its like the gaskets arnt doing anything.
HELP....................someone must of had this problem before????

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Need to have the manifold machined to suit the heads/block if they have both been decked. Before you have the manifold machined, just sit the manifold on with the gaskets sat in place, but leave the cork end gaskets out and see what sort of gap is between the manifold/block at the ends. If ther is no gap, the manifold needs to be machined, but if there is a small gap, just put the manifold on with a bead of silicone at either end instead of the cork gaskets. What brand is the manifold just out of curiosity?

nakaz81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L 134 pack
cheers man the manifold is a redline windmaster 2,my mate done this conversion with no probs.i tryed what you said to do and i have no gap maybe a a4 paper gap if im lucky.