Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Engine into Bedford.

Adrian Collins

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn engine fitted in cf Bedford
Hi - I am putting a VN engine into my Bedford CF. I have got the engine sparking but struggling to get the injectors firing. They have 12v going to them and I think they are getting a signal from the ECM but won't know until my noid lights turn up. I am wondering if there are any lock outs for the transmission or anything else but only have the ECM wiring diagram. Does anyone have complete car wiring diagrams that they could share. Any part of the system that could send a signal to the ECM stopping fuel is what I am after. Cheers

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
They have had that problem on Boats,do a search to see if it was on this Forum.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Hi - I am putting a VN engine into my Bedford CF. I have got the engine sparking but struggling to get the injectors firing. They have 12v going to them and I think they are getting a signal from the ECM but won't know until my noid lights turn up. I am wondering if there are any lock outs for the transmission or anything else but only have the ECM wiring diagram. Does anyone have complete car wiring diagrams that they could share. Any part of the system that could send a signal to the ECM stopping fuel is what I am after. Cheers

Whats a ECM, is it the ECU or BCM ???
Yer from memory the ecu had something electrical on the fuel pump/relays to stop working incase of some issue and or oil pressure....from starting also have you got a electric pump installed, what about neutral safety switch if auto. Sometimes people can't help if you havent explained what you have installed ??? Just google for wiring diagrams, plenty out there.

The VN ECU does need a signal from the auto trans speed senser to help calculate engine responce to road speed but if your using another type of speedo in bedford then ECU will still work ok but you might have issues with idle when stopping.

Why not for now take out fuel injectors and connect them to an external battery and ground them and see if they click, at least then you know if they are working. If they don't work, tap them on the body while powered and that gets them going when they have not been used for a while. Putting cleaner and blowing into them while testing also blows out any sheet piled up in nozzle.

Adrian Collins

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn engine fitted in cf Bedford
Whats a ECM, is it the ECU or BCM ???
Yer from memory the ecu had something electrical on the fuel pump/relays to stop working incase of some issue and or oil pressure....from starting also have you got a electric pump installed, what about neutral safety switch if auto. Sometimes people can't help if you havent explained what you have installed ??? Just google for wiring diagrams, plenty out there.

The VN ECU does need a signal from the auto trans speed senser to help calculate engine responce to road speed but if your using another type of speedo in bedford then ECU will still work ok but you might have issues with idle when stopping.

Why not for now take out fuel injectors and connect them to an external battery and ground them and see if they click, at least then you know if they are working. If they don't work, tap them on the body while powered and that gets them going when they have not been used for a while. Putting cleaner and blowing into them while testing also blows out any sheet piled up in nozzle.

Thanks