Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Enginge HELP URGENTLY NEEDED

astroboy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
Gday everyone,
I am new to the fourums and also mechanics. Recently i bout a VN Berlina (built Dec 1990) andit has a few engine problems :rip: so i was hoping to swap the engine from my current VN (built Feb 1990) so far the problems i am having are

-the new berlina has 17 sockets on the looming but on the old engine there are only 15 plug holes
- The Powersteering Hoses do not fit into where the old ones did.
-And how do adjust it to my aftermarket Transmisson cooler.

IF anyone can help guide plz msg me and i can provide any additional information that may be needed. Please help i am at wits end:bang:

Thanks for ur help,
Graham Baird

jaywa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge ram 5.9V8, 03 VW Bora, VS 5.0L
So you already took the old engine out and put the new one in? If so what model is it out of? If you have your old motor just use everything off that on it and should fit, cheers

astroboy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
Gday evereyone all problems solved except for i need to work out how to put my AfterMarket Trans Cooler onto my new motor. and unfortunatly i have cracked the Bell housing. its not that bad except the left hand top corner craxcked off if i keep this bolted on and silicone the holes will it be ok???

astroboy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
also if i use my old casing with thew inner of the new trand in opther words

Cracked bell housing get changed over (just the housing) will this work, How much approx and is it a viable option.