Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn fan only working on 2 speeds`

91vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Vr Wagon
hey all this problem has been bugging me for some time now
when i put my fan switch on speed 1 and 2 it wont work only on 3 and 4. i have replaced the switch and relay but still the same problem. also my fan wont turn on straight away it takes about 2 mins for it to work from when i start the car. any one kno wats wrong? :whistling

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
There's a resistor block up under the shroud that covers your windscreen wiper motor/mechanics (black plastic flimsy)

Just unclip the rubber strip from the front, bend it up in the middle, you'll see a box with a screw holding it down on either side, undo those and you'll see the resistor block (if it's stock it'll be a little cage with some coils in it). Take that into any auto parts store, and they should be able to supply you with a new one! Ask for a 'solid state' replacement, as these are much more durable, and a lot cheaper than the genuine Holden item.

qwertyuiop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 3.8l 1990
can somone please help me i got thesame problem speed 1and 2 dont work will that stop the a/c from running cause atm it not goin

Last edited: