Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN FE2 V8 and V6 the same?

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
Just wondering if front VN FE2 springs are the same wether its a V6 or V8. I always thought the front were different because of the extra weight in a V8.

Cheers Dazz

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I have FE2 V8 springs in my VPV6 with Monroe GT Gas shocks, no complaints here, front didn't lower a hell of a lot though.

ve safari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
ANyone got the spring rates for FE2 + standard suspension? Old mate reckons there is only 20lbs in it, main difference is lowered ride height.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
V8 and V6 fronts are different part numbers, rear is the same. V8 springs in the front of a V6 would sit up pretty high. Not sure how many extra pounds they are but it's substantial. Stock will nearly put you on your roof cornering hard and FE2 will rattle your car to bits on country roads so there's quite a difference somewhere

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
if i remember right, v8 fe2's in a v6 will put you pretty much back upto stock height.....

v6 fe2's in a v8 will bring you down to about superlows (im being rough here) lol