Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Front Bumper Saggin - HELP !

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
the bumper slides into place with 2 rails on each side (and it's bolted to the reo bar at the front). so your bumper is either not on the rail, or the rail has broken. i bet if you tried to grab the bumper from the side you'd be able to pull at it. try take it off and have a look to see what's going on. just find the bolts (you may need to take the headlights off to get to them) and give it a go. there's 4 bolts from memory. you'll figure it out from there :)

Timsgmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Wags
If you take out the grill and use the right size socket you can slide your arm through behind the lights to the bolts and take them out......if its only one side of the bar thats off then there will be 2 bolts to take out and yes levymetal is right in saying it slides in for the side mount where its sagging and you will see that once you can pull it off a little.The bumper has a groove on the inside which must fit into its holder on the reo.If you have thin arms it will be easy.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
if it still sags, get a mate at the front when you are under the car doing the bolts up and tell him to lift the bumper up when u do them up, works everytime, unless the bumper is really out of wack.

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
while it was out u shoulda painted it black :D

n bz kn33z is correct. but u really dont need a mate to do it :)

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
nah all i do is get under there and push it up with my knees lol.

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
haha yeah it sucks putting bumpers on by urself. esp if its a body kit >:|

Rolla_Rolla'

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ke30 Rolla'
haha, when i had the light out today, i was thinking how good it would look black, the grill + front bumper and rear bumper,
what color would go with that color VN ? matte black ? or a gloss black ?
some of the paint is starting to fade as well, on the front left quarter panel and the rear left quarter panel, and the hood :rant:

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Pretty sure people repaint the bumpers in a matt black,

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
By the way to get the Front bumper off its only 4 bolts, take it off with the reo its alot easyer, insted of taking the headlights out.
The reo is bolted onto the chassis and 2 bolts either side, you car leave 1 bolt in either side, as the reo slides onto one, and then the other bolt goes into the hole, if you get under there you will know what i mean, but tis alot easyer taking the bumper off with the reo attatched insted of the other way.