Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn fuel regulator question

JBAV6Tony

Reaction score
Members Ride
JBA kit car V6 series 1
Hi guys
See pic of my FR.
The small steel vacuum pipe at the end that has the hose from the manifold clamped to it- the steel pipe rotates.
Ive sucked through the rubber vacuum to reg but no leaks.
Ok or replace reg?

Attachments

• 20191106_153717.jpg
    20191106_153717.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 232

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Yes replace that. Sucking on something is a retarded way of diagnosis no disrespect sir. Just keep that in mind as mechanics like me make money on people using improper methods of diagnosis.

JBAV6Tony

Reaction score
Members Ride
JBA kit car V6 series 1
Yes replace that. Sucking on something is a retarded way of diagnosis no disrespect sir. Just keep that in mind as mechanics like me make money on people using improper methods of diagnosis.
Thankyou Shane. Much appreciated

JBAV6Tony

Reaction score
Members Ride
JBA kit car V6 series 1
Thankyou Shane. Much appreciated
I replaced the for today went well, then started up the engine and would idle, that $28 IAC was crap, I’d purchased a new Bosch one $74 and the engine idled beautifully, went for a test drive, seems it has more power smoother and idled with no sucking sound when warm. Very happy

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Years ago I learned to always use OEM engine control devices. The ebay stuff looks the same and is incredibly cheap but just doesn't work.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There have been a lot of threads of late with people trying to diagnose issues after having replaced the TPS and or IAC stepper motor with aftermarket replacements that end up been a faulty replacement part.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The issue is the Stealers don't stock much at all for these old bus'. The OEM parts through Repco, Bursons or eBay seem to have problems as well. I replaced a Delphi TPS around 12 months after fitting it, same with the CAS. My IAC hasn't been touched in 5 years except a clean when i fitted the V8 TB a few months ago.
The factory originals are the best but obviously once they go you have to use so called OEM, which I doubt will last anywhere near the time the factory fitted parts will.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Original Holden parts are getting hard to find. Went to the Bendigo swap meet 2 weeks ago looking for original VN/VP/VQ stuff- there was almost none and Bendigo would have to be one of the biggest swap meets in Australia.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have a few parts left from the wagon i wrecked. I was so sick of low ballers that i ended the listings. I am now hanging on to them for when either they have some proper value or if i need them. I will dump them under my house or in the shed until needed.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
There have been a lot of threads of late with people trying to diagnose issues after having replaced the TPS and or IAC stepper motor with aftermarket replacements that end up been a faulty replacement part.
I've been on JC for 7 years & I've been reading posts from even before l joined about ebay parts being faulty.