Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn group a body kit!

A

ajs_gr8_v8

hey everyone! i was just after a bit of help and some advice! within the next few weeks i am putting on a vn group a front and rear bar and the side skirts on my vn calais, what i am concerned about is that i may hav to raise my car as it has superlow king springs on it now! so my question is will i hav to raise my car when i put the body kit on? help would be very much appreciated!:bow:
thanks
adrian jones

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
depends on how slow you wanna crab crawl over speed bumps. shouldnt be too bad i wouldnt think.
just get some bigger wheels lol.

A

ajs_gr8_v8

well i hav 17 inch vy's now! i guess i just dont wanna wreck the kit! so even if i didnt raise it whats the chances of me still bottoming out on speed humps and stuff??

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
ajs_gr8_v8 said:
well i hav 17 inch vy's now! i guess i just dont wanna wreck the kit! so even if i didnt raise it whats the chances of me still bottoming out on speed humps and stuff??

None unless they are massive speed bumps.

Check out my ride thread and see how low mine sits. The VY kit is much bulkier, as are the sideskirts... so it sits really low. I have ultralows in the front and superlows in the rear. I have to be VERY careful with dips and driveways, but bumps are ok.

Just be careful and you will get away with it easy man.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
ajs_gr8_v8 said:
hey everyone! i was just after a bit of help and some advice! within the next few weeks i am putting on a vn group a front and rear bar and the side skirts on my vn calais, what i am concerned about is that i may hav to raise my car as it has superlow king springs on it now! so my question is will i hav to raise my car when i put the body kit on? help would be very much appreciated!:bow:
thanks
adrian jones

If your car is of legal height you should have no problems with speed humps. Be very careful going into/out of driveway crossovers as the front will scrape occasionally. Going slowly at an angle seems to work in most cases.

Reaper

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
putting the rest of the kit on at all if you have it ???

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
i got a vn group A lower kit and king superlow springs and 18's mags
i have no problems with speed bumps as long as i am sensible

but do have probles in car parks where there is a raised gutter (in the actual parking space) because my f/bar cant fit over it so i have to park with my r/bar sticking out or move to another spot:bang: