Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn group a workshop manual Vol 11

NickSv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn SV89
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has the commodore (VN Series Service Manual: Volume 11 - 1990 SS Group 'A' (Workshop Manual/Repair Manual/.. Wanting to know what goes where and what ill be needing, As in hoses and that etc etc for the twin throttle manifold. People i know including myself haven't got a clue as none of us has ever dealt with how the manifold is put together :idea: Iv tried searching for a aftermarket workshop manual but seems like no publisher covers the vn group a ss (that's great MAN thanks!) Any help would be great.

cheers

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Certainly do but I guess this is a tad late for you now ;);););)

In hindsight these must be worth a small fortune as there's hardly any images of them on the net. They did come in two prints, the first print was in the same cover as all the other VN Service Manuals, that being Dark Blue with white writing, while the much later reprint came in a White cover with dark Blue lettering, basically a reverse image of the original issue. It was Volume 11.

Anyone with a Genuine VN Group A would most definitely want one of these to supplement their pride and joy much the same as how all Walkinshaw Owners want that Holy Biblical book which is also Volume 11 of the VL Service Manual set.

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Realising that you are 8years late (and so then am I)
But last year putting on the COME TTB mani to mine, I understand his confusion of having a manifold and no instructions for all the vacuum hose locations.

Fortunately with mine, I looked over the stock bananas and noted everything, and then set about logically doing similar on a completely different set up mani.
Not a hard job, just have a good look at it all and start making it happen one hose at a time.

Obviously this is for future readers, as OP would have to be terribly unlucky (or stupid) to not have it sorted by now. So I am sure he does.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
It would have been a lot easier to find a manual 8 years ago. Almost all VN-VP stuff is getting hard to find these days, even at the bigger swap meets.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Realising that you are 8years late

I totally got that before I even responded, but to me this was more about the availability of the Genuine Manual which seems to be rarer than rocking horse shite. If you look around on the net there is hardly any reference to that elusive Volume 11.

So if anyone needs any info from that book they can contact me via the Private Message facility and I'll happily look it up for them as I'm not parting with the book anytime soon.

Justin86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl ls turbo/vn exec
I totally got that before I even responded, but to me this was more about the availability of the Genuine Manual which seems to be rarer than rocking horse shite. If you look around on the net there is hardly any reference to that elusive Volume 11.

So if anyone needs any info from that book they can contact me via the Private Message facility and I'll happily look it up for them as I'm not parting with the book anytime soon.

hey Vs lover, does that book have a picture of the transmission mount and crossmember by any chance?
I’m putting a group a manifold and at 6 speed in my vn, box didn’t come with a mount or cross member so I am going to make one up but I want it to look as original as possible.
Cheers
Justin

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Certainly do but I guess this is a tad late for you now ;);););)

In hindsight these must be worth a small fortune as there's hardly any images of them on the net. They did come in two prints, the first print was in the same cover as all the other VN Service Manuals, that being Dark Blue with white writing, while the much later reprint came in a White cover with dark Blue lettering, basically a reverse image of the original issue. It was Volume 11.

Anyone with a Genuine VN Group A would most definitely want one of these to supplement their pride and joy much the same as how all Walkinshaw Owners want that Holy Biblical book which is also Volume 11 of the VL Service Manual set.
What is this VL volume 11 your talking about. Do you have one. Iv seen volume 8 which is Group A commodore and volume 9 which is 1988 SS Group A. I thought the volume 9 was walkinshaw?
Also is their a volume 10?